Many people encounter various types of problems with their home wireless networks, but most of the problems come from a poor signal. This often happens when you have a rather weak router or a very big house.
1. Position the router as close as possible to the center of the house, this way the signal will be uniform. If the router is near a wall, half the signal will get lost on the outside and you wont be enjoying that coverage unless you plan to go and connect from the yard.
2. Dont place the router on the floor, near a wall or near metal objects because they will affect the signal and the connection will end up being very weak.
3. Replace the routers antenna. From the factory, all routers come with an omni directional antenna, which means the signal is propagated in all directions, at the same values. If you place the router near a wall, half the signal will be lost on the other side. With a bigger antenna which can transmit the signal in only one direction you wont encounter this wall problem anymore.
4. Replace the computers wireless card. In some cases, the router can transmit a strong signal but the computer can not receive it and retransmit an equally strong one. Replacing the wireless adapter can significantly improve the signals quality. For laptops, which have an integrated wireless card, you wont need to replace it because it is strong enough if the laptop is only a few years old at most.
5. When distances are too big, add an access point. If you feel that the power of the router can not lead the signal where it should, it is recommended to add an access point to the network. It will take the routers transmitted signal and will retransmit it, enhancing the wireless range.
6. Keep the router up to date. A firmware upgrade can do wonders, because many time producers resolve certain wireless bugs through firmware upgrades. It is free and very fast to do a firmware upgrade.
7. Try to make devices compatible. If your router is a Linksys, buy a Linksys access point, or a wireless adapter. Its best to have a matching and compatible network. By adding different products from different companies, you risk that they wont match 100%.
8. Upgrade from 802.11b to 802.11g, because the last one is 5 times faster than the older 802.11b standard wireless protocol.
With and these ideas you should be able to improve your overall has. It’s really all about trial and error if you are having issues with the signal getting from your router to wireless card on your PC. Hopefully this article has been able to provide you and give you some tips to make sure that you can resolve the problem you’re having.
Easy To Follow Ideas About Search Engine Optimization That Will Really Help You
You could be the most ambitious person on the planet when it comes to creating a website with all the bells and whistles that people will love, but unless your visitors can find your site when they search specific terms, your efforts are just going to be wasted. Read these tips and make the most of your efforts.
On your website, headings are going to play a vital role in organizing information. So you need to use only a single H1 tag when you are putting your page together. You can use various subheading tags, like H2-H6, but keep things neat and clean by only using one main H1 tag.
To search engine optimize your website, don't include more than 150 internal linking hyperlinks on your home page. Too many internal links on one page can dilute a web page's search engine rank. Huge numbers of links also make it hard for visitors to find the information that they need quickly.
To ensure that your website is as easy as possible to crawl, keep your site architecture flat. Don't use too many sub folders, instead use descriptive names for each page. Keep your pages with the most competitive keywords in their names, close to the root folder, so they will gain a higher page rank.
A great way to optimize your search engine is to provide use internal links. This means you have an easy access to links within your own site. This provides an easier database for customers of viewers to use and will end up boosting the amount of traffic you have.
Find some SEO forums that take site review requests. Participate in the forums then ask fellow members to take look at your website. When someone you don't know well visits your website they can analyze it critically and unemotional, then highlight mistakes and suggest ways for you to improve your website's search engine optimization.
While purchasing a domain name may seem like the right way to go, many search engines do not recommend it. Some search engines have a long delay for adding new sites to their existing lists, and last thing you want is to delay getting new visitors. Using your existing website is more feasible, since the wait time for some engines is up to a full year.
Decide whether or not you want to use a link farm. Link farms are sites without content that just have thousands of links. This is generally seen as a negative thing. However, these do appear in search engines, and can help you rise in the ranks. It is your decision as to what is most important: rapport with other sites, or search engine rankings.
As mentioned at the start of this article, it's very important that you do not allow your efforts to go to waste. Learning the proper optimization tactics for the search engines out there is how your site or business goes from a simple start-up to being a legitimate and popular brand online. Use the tips you've just read to your advantage in SEO.$1*/ mo hosting! Get going with GoDaddy!