Many people encounter various types of problems with their home wireless networks, but most of the problems come from a poor signal. This often happens when you have a rather weak router or a very big house.
1. Position the router as close as possible to the center of the house, this way the signal will be uniform. If the router is near a wall, half the signal will get lost on the outside and you wont be enjoying that coverage unless you plan to go and connect from the yard.
2. Dont place the router on the floor, near a wall or near metal objects because they will affect the signal and the connection will end up being very weak.
3. Replace the routers antenna. From the factory, all routers come with an omni directional antenna, which means the signal is propagated in all directions, at the same values. If you place the router near a wall, half the signal will be lost on the other side. With a bigger antenna which can transmit the signal in only one direction you wont encounter this wall problem anymore.
4. Replace the computers wireless card. In some cases, the router can transmit a strong signal but the computer can not receive it and retransmit an equally strong one. Replacing the wireless adapter can significantly improve the signals quality. For laptops, which have an integrated wireless card, you wont need to replace it because it is strong enough if the laptop is only a few years old at most.
5. When distances are too big, add an access point. If you feel that the power of the router can not lead the signal where it should, it is recommended to add an access point to the network. It will take the routers transmitted signal and will retransmit it, enhancing the wireless range.
6. Keep the router up to date. A firmware upgrade can do wonders, because many time producers resolve certain wireless bugs through firmware upgrades. It is free and very fast to do a firmware upgrade.
7. Try to make devices compatible. If your router is a Linksys, buy a Linksys access point, or a wireless adapter. Its best to have a matching and compatible network. By adding different products from different companies, you risk that they wont match 100%.
8. Upgrade from 802.11b to 802.11g, because the last one is 5 times faster than the older 802.11b standard wireless protocol.
With and these ideas you should be able to improve your overall has. It’s really all about trial and error if you are having issues with the signal getting from your router to wireless card on your PC. Hopefully this article has been able to provide you and give you some tips to make sure that you can resolve the problem you’re having.
Blow Your Competition Out Of The Water With These Search Engine Optimization Tricks
By increasing traffic to a blog or website, there is a good possibility that there will be a resulting increase in the sales from that source from the additional visitors. Optimizing your search engine will help to make the web site you have made more accessible. In this article you will find great advice for maximizing your optimization efforts.
You should make sure that the search engine optimization you choose, uses a quality and proven technique. Stuffing keywords haphazardly throughout your site won't do anything but lower your audience's confidence in your legitimacy. Consider custom-made content that is specific to your business. This will draw in the audience and encourage them to explore the rest of your website.
When you try to increase search engine optimization, you should make your URL something easy and understandable. It should be clear what your site is about. That way, people will known what they are clicking on when they are looking for something using a search engine and they will more likely click on your site.
In order to help crawlers and spiders index your web site, you should create a site map. A site map is a list of all the pages that make up your site. By creating one, web spiders will be able to discover even the most obscure and hidden pages, as well as to receive other important information. This will increase your visibility on the internet.
If video or audio items are shown on your website, you should have transcripts of these included. The transcripts allow your content to be easily understood by search engine robots. This will ensure your website gets a higher ranking.
Keep your content fresh. While having lots of content is important, it has to be up to date. A search engine will track how frequently your site is updated and this has an effect on your rank in the freshness category. Any form of change, whether it's a news article or a blog post, will help to boost your rank.
As much as possible, stay away from frames in your website. Search engines can't index framed pages. The best that they will be able to do is to index your home page. This means that, if the majority of your site uses frames, then the majority of your site will not be indexed.
If you want to avoid a three to six month period of your site being in a ranking abyss, do not make a lot of link exchanges or buy a lot of links right away. Take your time marketing your site slowly to the internet and your rank will go up much quicker.
If you have embedded videos on your web site, be sure to include them in your sitemap. Doing so lets the search engines know that your video content is actually part of your web site. This will help bring more traffic to your site, since viewers will be more likely to come to your site to watch your video rather than going to an external hosting site.
When search results are shown, it's probably the results showing on the first two pages that will see the highest traffic. The ideas you've read here will help you to build traffic and increase the profits you receive from your website or blog. Optimizing your site or blog can do a lot for your business.