Today enterprises value productivity more than anything else and hence they no longer insist on fixed timings. Employees can be productive if there is no pressure on them. With flexi timings, employees succeed in completing tasks with perfection and precision. Hence, today more and more enterprises are increasingly favoring the concept of mobile workforce as it helps to reduce stress and increase productivity.
However, for the workforce to be mobile there is the need of enabling employees to seamlessly access work PCs from any location as if they were in the office. Therefore what employees need is an innovative, remote desktop access solution that helps them to access physical and virtual office desktops from any remote location — whether they are at their home office, a customer or partner site or on a Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android device. It should leverage proven and scalable technologies to deliver the industry’s most secure and cost-effective solution for enabling a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy, increasing employee productivity and mitigating the effects of business continuity events. The following are some of the advantages of using remote access solutions.
* Full application availability without investing in additional licenses or duplicate environments
* Eliminates the possibility of data leakage because “data never leaves the corporate network”
* Reduces reliance on VPN for remote and mobile access; keeps devices off-the-network, thereby reducing cost, complexity and risk
* Enables all office employees to be productive before and after work and on weekends
* Offsets productivity and revenue losses associated with unanticipated daily occurrences such as repairs, deliveries or a sick child
* Seamlessly scales to absorb surge remote desktop access usage in the case of business continuity events
* Rapidly and cost-effectively supports tablet access and bring your own device with minimal requirements for mobile device management
* Built-in Wake-on-LAN (WoL) power management boots up PCs on demand to reduce energy costs
* Device-based identification, end-point controls and anti-spyware ensure remote devices do not compromise corporate data
* Support for both physical and virtual desktop (VDI) environments
* Scalable to thousands of users to meet the needs of enterprises and service providers large and small
* Familiar CLI and WebUI for ease of configuration and management
* Desktop self-registration enables rapid and painless deployment