The Yamaha RX-V765 home theater receiver is the product of Yamaha’s updated receiver collection, with most of them getting updated displays, new features, and for many a price drop. This receiver endured a massive price drop. A product with this many features just a few years ago could have cost you up to a couple thousand dollars. The new price comes in at $ 650 but marked down $ 320. This is an insane price for this package and one of the reasons we chose this product for the review. Let’s see what all is in store for us with this newly redesigned and repriced product from Yamaha. We’ll start by listing it’s notable features then going into a pro’s and con comparison to see what we’re getting out of this product.
Some of the new upgraded features that we liked were the upgraded display that is a lot easier to read than previous models, a much sharper text. It comes out a good deal more readable and its organized in a more thought out fashion then it’s predecessors. We also liked the addition of pre programmed macro buttons that make it easier to switch between applications such as your Blu-Ray player, TV, listening to a CD etc. The addition of the front auxillary jacks were also a nice inclusion as this lets you easily plugin in your iPod dock (which can be bought separately). Also if you’re really fancy you can find a docking station that emits a bluetooth signal that the receiver can then pick up. Oh one more thing, it can support 2 subwoofers with its outputs so if you really like bass, I mean if you really like bass, you can hook up 2 subwoofers.
Let’s look at some of the pro’s of the Yamaha RX-V765:
– The upgraded screen allows for a great ease of use as well as the scene controls.
– The added front auxillay jacks adds convenience for those that have an iPod or other MP3 players.
– You get the standard Yamaha sound quality that blends perfectly with today’s music
– The receiver actually has below 100-watts but still puts out sound like a champ and will surprise those who question it’s numbers.
– 4 HDMI outputs to hook up multiple HD systems that can switch channels at the push of a button
– 1080p upscaling
– With as many features that come with it you can get it at a stunning price that has been cut in more than a quarter than its previous price.
That’s a good amount of pro’s, let’s check out a few of the things we didn’t find enjoyable with this receiver.
– The remote could be designed better, it feels a bit cheap and definitely could use a tune up like the receiver got
– That’s about it
For such a low price you really can’t compete with the amount of features this receiver has. This isn’t the end all be all receiver of the world but for an entry level price you get a mid level receiver. We give this one an A-
If you’d like to check out some customer Yamaha RX-V765 Reviews head over to our Best Home Theater Receiver review site at http://besthometheaterreceiver.info